Johnkart offers a variety of services to make it easier for sellers to get their one-of-a-kind items into the hands of buyers. This Shipping Policy explains your shipping obligations as a seller and your rights and responsibilities when using Johnkart’s shipping labels services.
1. Shipping Your Items
2. Johnkart Shipping Label
3. Shipping Insurance
4. Shipping Your Items
Sellers are responsible for shipping their sold items to buyers. If you’re using a shipping or fulfillment service, remember that you’re responsible for buyers’ customer service experience. By selling on Johnkart, you agree to:
- Provide an accurate “ships from” address.
- Specify your shipping costs and in your listings.
- Ship items promptly after they are sold. Items must be shipped no later than within 30 days of purchase unless otherwise specified in yourprocessing time or agreed upon with the buyer through Conversations.
- Comply with all local and international shipping and customs regulations. For more information on international shipping using USPS, please seethis Help article. For more information on international shipping using Canada Post, please see . If you are shipping to buyers in the European Union, please see this Help article on the EU Directive on Consumer Rights.
- Ship to the address listed on the Johnkart receipt (orverified by the US Postal Service for US addresses) or sent to you by the buyer through an Johnkart Conversation.
Mark the order as shippedwhen you ship it, or use an Johnkart Shipping Label, which automatically marks your order as shipped. You may only mark an order as shipped when you actually ship an order to a buyer. Your buyer will receive an Johnkart Shipping Notification when your order is marked as shipped.
- Charge an accurate and appropriate amount for shipping. If you’re a seller in the US and would like to have shipping costs automatically calculated for you, you may usecalculated shipping.
By entering tracking information on Johnkart, you're giving us permission to collect and share the tracking information received from your chosen shipping carrier. This information will be used to provide tracking information to you and your buyer directly on Johnkart.
In the unlikely event an order does not go as planned, be prepared to provide valid proof of shipping. Valid proof of shipping must show that the item was shipped to the address provided by the buyer (or verified via USPS address verification). If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a case against your shop. Please see this Help article to learn more about Johnkart’s case system.
Through our Seller Protection Programme, Johnkart offers protection to sellers who meet our Seller Protection Programme requirements. Read more about the benefits of Johnkart’s Seller Protection Programme here. Read more about what is required to qualify for Seller Protection here.
- Johnkart Shipping Labels
Sellers in the United States and Canada and who accept Direct Payments or PayPal as a payment method are able to use Johnkart Shipping Labels.
By using Johnkart Shipping Labels, you acknowledge that:
- All shipping labels must be associated with corresponding Johnkart orders.
- Shipping labels may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- Each shop has a designated bill limit for creating shipping labels. If you reach your bill limit, you must pay your bill before you can create another label. Bill limits are based on recent bill history. Read more about our bills in our Fees & Payments Policyhere.
US sellers can purchase United States Postal Service (USPS) postage on Johnkart to fulfill their orders. Use of USPS postage is subject to applicable USPS rules.
- Sellers may submit a request to cancel USPS postage within 10 days of creating a label, as long as the label has not been used to ship a package. Refunds are processed and either approved or denied by the USPS. Johnkart will notify sellers once a request is approved or denied. For more information on requesting a cancellation and refund, please seethis Help article.
- For more information on how to use USPS postage, please see.
Canada Post Labels
Use of Canada Post postage is subject to applicable Canada Post rules.
- Sellers may request a refund for Canada Post postage if it is less than 15 days old and has not been used to ship a package. Refunds are processed and either approved or denied by Canada Post. Johnkart will notify sellers once a request is approved or denied. For more information on how to get a refund for a Canada Post shipping label, please seethis Help article.
- For more information on how to use Canada Post postage, please seethis Help article.
Johnkart reserves the right to remove your access to Shipping Labels at any time for any reason.
- Shipping Insurance
You may purchase parcel insurance from U-PIC Insurance Services for packages that are shipped using USPS Johnkart Shipping Labels. If you choose to purchase insurance for your USPS Johnkart Shipping Labels, you agree to the U-PIC Coverage and Rules (note that the restriction on shipping original art and fine art in the U-PIC Coverage and Rules does not apply to Johnkart sellers).
You may purchase parcel insurance from Shipsurance Insurance Services, Inc. for packages that are shipped using USPS Johnkart Shipping Labels. If you choose to purchase insurance for your USPS Johnkart Shipping Labels, you agree to the Shipsurance Coverage Rules.
Canada Post Insurance
You may purchase parcel insurance from Canada Post for packages that are shipped using Canada Post Johnkart Shipping Labels. Insurance claims for packages sent using Canada Post labels are handled exclusively by Canada Post. Please see this Help article for more information about filing a claim with Canada Post.
The cost of a shipping label will depend on the origin, destination, weight and dimensions of the package. If you add signature confirmation or insurance, those fees will be added to the total cost of the label at the point of purchase.
If you purchase USPS postage, the cost of each shipping label will appear on your Johnkart bill as “USPS Shipping Label,” and will include the shipping label number.
If you purchase U-PIC parcel insurance, the cost of insurance will appear separately on your bill as “U-PIC Parcel Insurance,” and will include the shipping label number.
If you purchase Shipsurance parcel insurance, the cost of insurance will appear separately on your bill as “Shipsurance Parcel Insurance,” and will include the shipping label number.
If you purchase Canada Post postage, the cost of each shipping label and label-related fees will appear on your Johnkart bill as “Canada Post Shipping Label and Fees.” Applicable taxes will appear on your bill as “Canada Post Shipping Label Taxes.” If you choose to purchase Canada Post insurance coverage on Johnkart, the cost will appear separately on your bill as "Canada Post Coverage." All applicable costs, fees and taxes will contain the relevant shipping label number. When you purchase a label, the fees will appear in CAD. When reviewing the total cost summary, your label purchases will show in both CAD and USD. All final label charges will be listed on your Johnkart bill in USD.
Shipping fees will appear on your Johnkart bill.